I am so pleased with how this night had turned out. I found this project quite difficult to achieve due to differences within times and places between the Theatre department and I. This project consisted of gathering both Theatre and non-Theatre majors for a night of improv together since I've noticed that even though auditions are open to anyone and everyone on campus, only the roles are given to the theatre majors, Especially since it is required of them. On top of this they also are planning but do not have a theatre club for both the theatre major and other students to interact with each other and enjoy the aspects of theatre. To begin with, I was talking with the theatre club APO about hosting the night each time coming up with a date that was pushed back all the way until December 5. It was held in the Gamache Koger theatre since that is the next best thing to the theatre. When I finally got the okay I started out with creating a poster for all to be seen by hanging on the walls and having Andrea send out an email to everyone in the theatre department. Next on the night of improv I went to the store and bought the usual snacks because who doesn't love free snacks and I had mentioned it on the poster to get students a little more excited. That night I had a sign up sheet ready to go and I asked a friend of mine in theatre to lead the games since I myself have never played improv before. I picked an improv night because its more relaxing when it comes to theatre and it's more of a game that anyone can join in. Also because I wanted to help the theatre department get a start on their theatre club and show them that they can have people from outside of the department. Ten people showed up which was unexpected for me and 4 of them were non-theatre majors. Originally on my poster I listed that the night would become a 2 hour improv night and it lasted a little over 2 hours because everyone was having so much fun. We exhausted the list of improv games and everyone went home with a smile on their face. I believe this was a very successful project because of the turn out and the fact that it had lasted over 2 hours. That and the fact that I had to push through my obstacles is why I count this project as 2 projects. Exactly what I was going for had happened.






No comments:
Post a Comment